Saturday, January 21, 2012

Apples, Apples Everywhere!


September 27, 2011

We discovered that there is an apple, pear, peach and raspberry farm only 15 minutes away from us and we took complete advantage of that this weekend!!

Stephen, the boys and I picked almost 68 pounds of apples and now it's time for me to start cooking away.



 The first batch of apple butter is bubbling away as we speak and the whole house has been infused with the delicious aroma of cinnamon and cloves... the first batch is always for us! Tomorrow I will get started on making some for FruitfulDelights to add to the Etsy shop.

I was thrilled to find a new recipe for an apple spread. I have not quite come up with a name for this new treat just yet and after making a test batch this evening, maybe I will have one. The spread has apples, raisins and walnuts in it. I would say it's basically an apple jam with some extra goodies in it.

I love fall and can not wait for the weather to come around and really get me in the baking mood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment