Wednesday, February 15, 2012

feeling blue

Even though we're all slowly but surely coming down with this stomach bug, the boys and I were very excited to give Daddy his Valentine gift!!

A few weeks back, I bought some Turtles from a fellow Etsy teammate, Stacey and just knew they'd be the perfect thing for my husband for Valentine's Day. It was simple, sweet and something he loves but rarely ever eats.

Armed with a box I found on clearance and pink construction paper we'd cut into thin stips with the paper cutter (it's buried under all that paper in the background...she's a workhorse!), Connor and Liam got started on crumpling the paper to make a nest for these sweet little treats. The boys had also worked on handmade cards for Dad earlier in the week and were absolutely thrilled to be able to put their mark on Daddy's gift.

We cut an entire sheet of construction paper and had enough strips left to hide his surprise with some ribbons of paper on top.

For our family, we've always celebrated quietly. Steve's favorite thing was to cook dinner for me for Valentine's Day since I cook most other days. An honest, sincere gesture that shows how much he appreciates me, by cooking for me. I was confident that even though this gift was small, it was going to be greatly appreciated. He absolutely loved them!! As a matter of fact, he's hiding them so he can enjoy them slowly...
 Sadly though, he wasn't able to cook me a special Valentine meal because half of the family is still not eating most foods. I feel terrible that we're still under the weather, but I know he will have his chance to cook me a delicious meal and I look forward to that day. Being Valentine's Day, I decided that if we were going to have homemade Mac n' Cheese, I'd make it Special!! While the sauce was coming together nicely, I added a few drops of food coloring and dyed the cheese sauce pink... Happy Valentine's Day!!
I hope you all had a chance to spend some time with the one's you love this Valentine's Day, which as we all know is celebrated every day when we tell them that we love them!

Coming up later this week: Sneak peek at a New Jam flavor and Sandwich pocket recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment