Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Who says...

...you can't be health conscious, lose weight and still eat! I've always had to have a breakfast that stuck with me a while, but was never fond of Oatmeal. It's a texture and appearance thing for me...looked like something the dog brought back up, yuck! My husband and two boys LOVE oatmeal. We buy the big container of it and you'd be amazed how quickly we go through it.
Being a stay-at-home mom, breakfast is usually last on my list of things to do in the morning...there's the kids and the dishes and the dogs...and the day goes on. I sip my coffee when I have a sec to sit down, or a swig as I'm moving from one room to the next dancing with the boys so I've at least got something in me. Before I know it noon has arrived and Liam is ready for a nap and I'm ready to fall over because I'm so hungry.

Connor helping with Breakfast
I finally said, enough is enough! Time to get my body back. So with the knowledge of healthy eating I've acquired over the years, I've decided to tackle my bad eating habits and hopefully along the way, shed these pounds I've added on over the last 4 years.

This morning was a test run of a Breakfast Sandwich. I modified a recipe I found so it was freezer-friendly and it turned out beautifully, took less than 5 minutes to do and came to 319 calories!! I can totally do that, can't you? My boys took one look at it and were like baby chicks with their mouths open wide, begging for a bite. They loved it.

I am planning on making about 10 of them to freeze so my husband can throw one in his lunchbox at night and in the morning have a healthy breakfast on his way to work. I'll post pictures and a recipe once they're ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment